Why use Scalable Vector Graphics (SVGs) for live visuals?
- SVG is an open standard
- The format is supported by most vector graphics drawing apps
- Vector graphics are very light and flexible, quick to create, and easily animated
- There is a long tradition of using simple geometric elements for visual music
- “Less is more” approach, instead of / in addition to using more powerful tools
- Developed by Nuno Correia, Jari Kleimola and collaborators.
- Thanks to Aalto Media Factory for the funding for the development of AVVX.
- First developed for a workshop at Independent Biennial, Ljubljana.
- Thanks to all AVVX workshop promoters/organizers.
- Thanks to André Carrilho for the help developing the original tools for Video Jack.
- Thanks to all who have contributed visuals.